We try to accommodate veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing student’s seeing-practice as much as possible.
In order to make sure every student gets the most out of their time with us, there is a limit to the number of students we can take at any one time. Therefore, students are advised to contact us as early as possible as places fill up fast.
Normal working hours are from 8.00am – 4.00pm but hours are unpredictable.
The following rules apply during your visit here:
- Students are expected to have appropriate clothing and footwear
- Students are expected to bring lunch and be prepared for irregular hours
- Students must have experience with animals and be comfortable around them
- Client confidentiality is very important and you must not discuss any case that you see at The Veterinary Clinic Ratoath with anyone who is not a member of staff
- Please do not discuss the details of a case with the client unless asked to do so by the vet/vet nurse in charge
- Transition year students are sometimes accepted but third level students have priority
If you are a veterinary medicine/veterinary nursing student and would like to see placement at The Veterinary Clinic Ratoath, please contact our student liaison officer on (01) 825 6213 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org